NEED FOR ANGELS
ANGELS-Active Network Group of Emergency Life Savers is an innovative effort aimed at ensuring immediate emergency pre-hospital and medical care during medical emergencies,accidents and disasters.
YET ANOTHER ACCLAIM FOR ANGELS!!!!!
ANGELS bagged the historical EMS-IEH [Heath care Innovation and entrepreneurship] National award in the category EMS for best community based innovation in India.
AIIMS Director Prof. MC Mishra presented Award Certificate, Memento and 1,00,000 rupees cash prize to Dr.Venugopalan.P.P , the executive director and founder of Angels and Mr. Sahin, Director Angels in the second International EMS congress at Jawaharlal Nehru auditorium at AIIMS Delhi on 19.10.2013. ANGELS reached fore front after competing more than 200 entries across Nation.[http://ems-ieh2013.com/]. Jury mentioned that this model should replicate nationwide.
2013- The Year of Awards for ANGELS
- In April ANGELS received Asian EMS Council award from Singapore.
- In October, EMS-IEH [Heath care Innovation and entrepreneurship] National award
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine India (AAEMI) and Life line foundation (LLF) India has also declared best community based EMS award for ANGELS. This award function will be in November 19th at Vythiri Village during EMCON 2013.
ANGELS is the winner of the " first ASIAN EMS AWARD" in the Institutional Category for 2013 conferred by ASIAN EMS COUNCIL.
These awards came to ANGELS for its unique nature of public private participation model with financial sustainability and extensive community participation. Our community based EMCT Course and First response provider courses (FRPC) are great models for less developed countries.
Team angels dedicate these awards to those lives saved by EMS operations globally.
WHAT WE AIM
- Enhance and enforce the Pre- Hospital Care to reduce the mortality and morbidity of victims of trauma / emergency cases.
- Awareness programmes to prevent accidents. Awareness programmes to all people on Basic Life Support, Trauma Management, Disaster Management etc.
- Delivering the healthcare system at the doorstep of hapless and needy.
- Conducting First Response Provider Course(Basic Life Support, First Aid and Trauma Care) with a motto of “at least one lifesaver in a house"
- Up-grdation of Ambulances and their co-ordination.
- Augmentation of the disaster management system for our state.
- Create community capacity to render assistance to injured victims at the scene.
THE ANGELS DIFFERENCE
- First time in India
- Public private participation (PPP)
- Best community based emergency medical care system, a best model for entire India and similar countries
- Not taxing Government, people or hospitals
- Utilizing existing system with facility up-gradation
- Upgrading ambulance operators to the core health care provider system
- Landmarking the pre-hospital care system with most economical way
- Redefining the ambulances to the noble Angels role through a single life saving access number 102
- Job opportunities
- Offering most affordable insurance plan for emergency care
- Motto - "Saving lives" and "Emergency Medical Care is the right of every citizen"
- Ensuring quality standards
- International, National agencies supporting the projects
- Non profitable community based charitable trust